Editing Day One (Whitby Residential Short Film) 24th April 2015

by weslar

Organising the footage took a long time. I mean a real long time. We have 18 Scenes, over 90GB of footage & audio. No need for a blog about my organisational skills, I renamed the clips, moved them into a neat and tidy folder.

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 17.55.42 Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 17.55.50

Nice and neat.

Then imported them into Final Cut Pro X.

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 17.57.10

Some are out of place, some have just clips without audio. Others have synched clips.

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 17.58.15

For every scene that had audio that could be synced with in camera sound, I took the time to do that also. I ran into a few problems doing this, some of the audio didn’t sync perfectly together, nothing that can’t be fixed manually.  The current edit is almost at a complete rough cut.

Screen Shot 2015-04-24 at 17.52.02

Advertisements